List of Vialog features
v22.6 @June 11, 2022
Given that “Collect email addresses of video creators” is turned on under the Discussion Settings Advanced toggle, and the video creator approves Vialog to share their email address with the host of the discussion, the contact details are visible on the Manage Videos tab.
When a hosts decide to collect email addresses it is their responsibility to collect, store and use this information in line with privacy laws such as GDPR.
Vialog is available in French. The “Share links” and the embeddable tool now provide better support to discussions in French all around the globe.
This brings the total number of available languages to 13.
- Character length limitations are now visible on effected fields on the Vialog Dashboard.
- Fixed the timeout related issue on discussions that are loaded long ago.
- Minor UI improvements inside the recorder.
v22.3 @March 26, 2022
Unlock the full potential of Vialog by upgrading your existing free account in less than a minute to a Power or an Enterprise plan. (True story: the first real customer took 41 seconds to upgrade to our annual Power plan!)
You can choose your billing period and currency from a list of supported items.
Secure card payments are powered by Stripe.
Invoices are available right after subscribing showing all required details for both businesses and individuals.
Native translators provided support for the following languages:
- German (Austrian)
Share links support all languages.
The embeddable tool supports all languages.
- Embeddable tool display improvements
- Share links
- Minor community dashboard UI changes
v22.2 @February 10, 2022
Introduced a new year-based versioning system across all platforms.
Now everyone can register for a free Vialog account to start a video discussion. A limited number of free accounts are available with up to 5 discussions and 10 videos.
We are proud to announce that Community Managers can now use the Vialog tool in a set of supported languages to provide a localised experience for their community.
Here is the full guide:
Improved design and user experience of our notification system. Communication is now even more personal and tailored to each video discussion.
Introduced new notification types for Video Creators to maximise impact and participation.
To join a video discussion, no app or downloads are required. We heard you saying that the vialog.app domain was therefore confusing. To further emphasise our value proposition we have moved to a new primary domain.
Bug fixes and user experience improvements.
v2.1 @October 2, 2021
For Community Managers
With thread based whitelisting you can add domains to control the embedding of your individual discussions.
A dedicated page for each of your discussions so you can share it on the go with anyone. Get videos without a website!
Improved onboarding with clearer instructions, moments of celebration and toggles for advanced settings.
Improved usability of the Vialog discussion dashboard.
Improved new thread creation flow.
For video creators
Some in-app browsers does not allow access to your camera on your mobile devices.
We added a Copy link functionality to make switching to another browser more easy.
If a desired or ongoing action is outside of the viewframe, we now use the follow focus feature to bring the content to your attention.
Additional guidance when problems arise when creators are preparing to record.
For video viewers
Community Managers can now opt-in to shuffle the videos of a discussion. If turned on, the published videos will show in randomised order, each time someone loads the discussion.
This gives equal chance and provides a sense of newness each time someone views a discussion.
You can now double tap playing videos on any device to fast forward and rewind.
You can also use the left and right keyboard arrows to do the same.
v2.0.2 @June 15, 2021
1 thread 1 tree programme
- Video discussions with at least 1 published video qualify. Older discussions also benefit when new videos are published.
- Read more about .Our commitment to the environment
- Enhanced application structure for faster load time.
- Protections from accidental loss of ongoing and un-submitted recordings.
- Faster initialisation of Vialog discussion skeleton prior to appearing on screen when client website has completed loading.
- Video throttling to ensure that videos appear more dynamically.
- Improved visual feedback on remaining time during recording.
- 10 extra seconds to safeguard your last thought.
- Vialog's UI component is now accessible for keyboard-only users.
- The following actions were introduced:
→ Right Arrow — Fast Forward 5 seconds
← Left Arrow — Reverse 5 seconds
↵ Enter / Return — Reply to selected video
␣ Space — Pause and resume video playback
⇥ Cycle through between videos.
- Click or tap on the progress bar (top of videos) to adjust playback location of the video.
Following tests at top communities over the past months, all our basic account now run on our React frontend.
- The tab-based design of 'Discussion settings' and 'Manage videos' provide more clarity.
- Colour and fonts are updated.
- Simplified video player and improved data display.
- Colour picker to ease customisation of video discussions to match your brand design.
- Improved discussion creation.
v2.0.1 @March 5, 2021
Beta release of the new Vialog tool
- We have created a brand new React implementation of our embeddable tool that we designed for optimal user experience and performance. The ground-up rebuild has given us the opportunity the remove all the limitations compared to the previous version of the tool and create a much more modular, scalable and flexible solution.
- Beta tested with world-class communities and providing priority onboarding to our existing video discussion champions with this release.
- Ability to get email updates about new video published.
- The ability to share the video discussion using email address or social media networks.
Ability for the video creators to subscribe to updates.
- Community Managers can now record a list of individual domains where they would like to allow their video discussions to be displayed. This enables private discussions added to your websites that might require sign in to secure the content in a fully controlled way.
- Domain whitelisting allows you to fully eliminate unwanted access to your content. This is the basis of private video discussions.
- Public links on Vialog site (here is an example) that Community Managers can disable or allow to share discussions with search engines and real people.
- We believe there is nothing that competes with the raw power of videos. That is why we encourage all of our Hosts to record their first video as soon as they create a new discussion.
- Ability to set any published video in the discussion as the Host Video. By replacing Call-To-Action texts with Host Videos, Community Managers can provide their community with a blueprint for the tone and format they are looking for in their discussions.
- We have increased the size of the video cards, allowing for improved engagement in discussions.
- First set of aesthetic updates to improve the look and feel of the Vialog tool, letting our community do the talking.
- Creators can submit the video without replaying it. They can also browse the website while the video is being submitted.
- Ability of gapless autoplay enables the viewer to view the videos one after another, more closely resonating as a virtual discussion.
Coming up next
- Keyword suggestions
- Grouping response videos
- Scheduled discussion
- Custom type fonts
Fully GDPR compliant | Comes with a Climate Positive Discussion promise | Supported by the European Commission and Innovate UK | Discuss with purpose
© Vialog Ltd 2022